Sterilization Protocol Services
A significant part of the prevention of oral disease is the proper sterilization of dental equipment used in the patient's mouth. After purchasing my office we updated our sterilization protocol by adding a new ultrasonic sink, and two new autoclave sterilization units.
- All instruments and handpieces that are used in the patient's mouth are steam autoclaved after each patient.
- Disposable items are used as much as possible. These are discarded after each use and are never reused.
- The doctor and assistants wear disposable gloves and facemasks to prevent the spread of any germs to the patient. These masks and gloves are discarded after each patient and are never reused.
- The doctor and assistant also wear protective eyewear, which is also available for all patients.
- All autoclave sterilization units are monitored each week for their effectiveness. A sterilization test strip is submitted to an outside laboratory to perform the test.
- All lights, chairs, delivery systems and surfaces of the treatment room are either covered by a protective barrier or cleaned after each patient with an ADA approved solution. All protective barriers used are also replaced after each patient and never reused.